keskiviikko 28. toukokuuta 2014

Blast from the past

I'd like to take a moment to be selfish and to talk about my own video gaming history. Firstly, I have to admit that nowadays I don't play video games almost at all. I'd say I play a couple of times in six months and the games I play are mainly some nostalgic classics from earlier years when I played more, games like Metal Gear Solild series, Age of Empires and Sega games from 1994. I just don't get the same thrill from them as I got as a kid. Though I've given up on them, my brothers still take video games pretty seriously. They are fully aware what happens in the industry.
  My first video game experience was when me and my big brother got a Sega 94 as a christmas present in 1995. With it came the games Lion King, James Bond, Batman, Robocop and NHL 94. As you can guess, two open-minded boys living in a tiny village with no influences of technology were a bit thrilled. Luckily our parents had strict limits how much we could play. In 1998 (I guess) we got a Playstation with games Crash Bandicoot and a weird car game (I don't remember the name). Crash Bandicoot was something I got hooked on. Platform games were something I found fascinating. And of course Crash, the character himself was so frigging hilarious. When the graphics of the games started to go higher and higher, Metal Gear Solid series was a concept me and my brother worshiped (and of course the whole world and production behind the game was huge). But slowly after millennium I started to play less and less, mainly because I started to play the guitar in 2000 and from around 2003 forward the instrument started to take most of my free time.
  So, now you know a bit more of my "gaming career".

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti